I will be the first to admit that I was, and still am to an
extent, unconversant in the topic of jihadism. So to help explain I went to my
friend Gabby to “dumb it down” for me. Even then, I needed to do internet
research while she was explaining things.
Jihad translates to struggle, and in the concept two
different types were born. Greater jihad is about inner struggle while lesser
jihad is about the struggle against those seen as a threat to the religion.
This is the jihad that has become associated with terrorism.
The goal behind jihadist globalism is spreading Islam
worldwide. The structure is not hierarchical; with globalism it has a horizontal
web of leadership now.
Now, the really interesting thing about any type of
globalism is the myth that it can be regulated. Most sectors in globalism can
be regulated; however, jihadist globalism is not one of them. Militant Islamic
groups are fighting a religious war and rules that apply to collaborative
knowledge or economic ties cannot be applied to jihadist globalism.
For a better understanding of meaning in the term jihad, I
recommend this TED Talk.
No comments:
Post a Comment