The Alamo
I thought it was ridiculous that I’ve never really been to
the Alamo. “Never really been” as in I have no recollection of going there. So
if I have been there, it was when I was too little for it to make much of an
impact. For as much pride as I have in being a Texan, seeing the Alamo was
never a priority. I think it’s something that most people do—take for granted
the interesting sites that are in their backyards so to speak.
So we made the drive to the Alamo, and I was prepared to be
disappointed. I think this is a mindset I will carry-on because I was
pleasantly surprised with this particular adventure. The only thing that’s
still standing is the church and one of the barracks. It’s kind of sad considering
how large it was originally, especially since what used to be the headquarters
is now a Ripley’s Believe It or Not and a Louis Tussaud’s Waxworks.
As an avid tourist, I did my duty in taking a bunch of
pictures that are only exciting to me and at the particular moment that I took
it. And yes, I will show some of them and explain what I was thinking when I
took them.
![]() |
| Not really sure what kind of change this protester was seeking. All of the leaders that were once there are long gone, and it’s kind of despicable to protest a shrine. |
![]() |
| So… do you eat the scorpion? ‘Cause—eww. |
![]() |
| If you look closely, you can see a £2 coin. That’s like throwing $3 into a wishing well. |
![]() |
| (This is probably my favorite picture.) I’ll let you come up with your own caption. |
So, what did I learn? It took 13 days for Santa Anna to
seize the Alamo, some of the women and children survived the battle, and kids
will fall asleep anywhere.




No comments:
Post a Comment